Thursday, May 31, 2012

Bonjour Hola Hello Guten Tag Aloha

In order to occupy my many thoughts (My many amazing thoughts). I decided to write to you, whoever you are, internet browser extraordinaires!! For my first post I'm just going to let you get to know me. I currently work at Lex's of Carytown. If you live in Richmond (or outside Richmond) and you have not been yet please come visit! In the back of the store we carry designer dresses for formal occasions, and in the front of the store we carry clothing and jewelry from New York City. I love my job because I get to see how both casual and formal wear are progressing in the industry. The designs from year to year surprise me every time. I am most excited about our expansion at the end of the summer! We will be adding sections for mother of the bride, "after 5", and expanded our casual collection.

I have wondered my whole life what I was supposed to do. I have competed in Equestrian, and many times debated going into a profession involving that. It was not until I started working for Theory that I found my passion. Theory is one of the 32 brands featured in New York Fashion Week. That's a pretty big deal.  Theory is known for creating classic pieces that could work with anything in your wardrobe, and still be edgy. Although not everything was for me, I loved every design. I was submerged in high fashion! I was in charge of the "Inspiration Board", every season I would design a board of trends to inspire my co-worker's wardrobes. Don't worry I am going to post one on here!

I am currently enrolled in Virginia Commonwealth University's Marketing program, and plan to pursue a Masters degree in Fashion Merchandising from the School of the Arts. The city of Richmond is full of culture, and with only one semester under my belt I still have so much to experience. I can't wait to share it all with you! 

Theory Website
Lex's of Carytown Website

WreakHavokNY.com

David Larter
RichmondBizSense.com

No comments:

Post a Comment